Hoshino Resorts Inc. (the corporations running facilities listed on the official website of Hoshino Resorts (https://www.hoshinoresorts.com/ch/)), Hoshino Resorts Holdings Inc. and its subsidiary and affiliated companies (hereinafter collectively the “Company”) acknowledge that it is an important social responsibility of the Company to protect and appropriately use private information provided by customers and business partners, and job applicants (hereinafter “Customers”), so that the Company establishes and faithfully implements this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to realize secure protection of information and provide uninterrupted safety for Customers.
(1) Information provided by Customers:
Customers’ Information to be collected by the Company includes their names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, birth dates, sex and other information that Customers input on the entry form provided by the Company, or the Company’s staff members input at the instruction of the Customers, and information that is indispensable for the provision of services or transactions.
(2) Information obtained from persons duly authorized by the Customers:
This information includes Customers’ information that is provided to the Company under due authority, by applicants for use, intermediaries, mediators, partners, and businesses accepting orders for packaged products as they have lawfully obtained from the Customers.
(3) Information collected directly or indirectly by the Company from Customers during recruitment:
The following information from Customers will be used to identify individual applicants in the recruitment process:
Please note that documents submitted at the time of application (resume, curriculum vitae) will not be returned.
1. Name, age, date of birth, telephone numbers, email addresses, documents (resume, curriculum vitae)
2. Other collated information that can identify a specific individual
(4) Information collected by the Company from visitation to the Company’s website:
The Company may collect information on the occasion of a visit to its website. This information includes:
Cookie and anonymous ID;
Location information; and
IP address and identification information.
The Company will use the Customers’ information in its custody for the following purposes:
(1) To contact the customer for the confirmation of a reservation or similar purposes;
(2) To provide the customer with a service, product or information;
(3) To conduct marketing activities;
(4) To make an analysis for improvement of a service or product;
(5) To send a questionnaire for further improvement of the Company’s service;
(6) To share Company recruitment information, operate recruiting events, and for contact regarding recruitment selection
(7) To request compliance with the usage policy or terms of service on those provided through the Company’s website or mobile site;
(8) To protect services provided through the Company’s website or mobile site or Customers; or
(9) For purposes separately notified or announced to the customer.
(1) The Company will manage information provided by the Customer appropriately and prudently, and implement safety control measures necessary and appropriate in order to prevent the risk of its leakage, loss, misuse, alteration or illegal access. The Company will also provide SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encrypted communication and other security technologies as necessary against a third party’s interception during communication, so that safety will be ensured when information is provided by means of communication.
(2) The Company may entrust to an outsourcee part of the handling of information provided by the Customers in order to improve the quality of the Company’s services and for the convenience of the Customers. In this case, the Company will provide instructions and supervision to the outsourcee to ensure appropriate management.
The Company will not disclose or provide a Customer’s personal information to any third party, except for the following cases:
(1) If the Customer consents to it;
(2) If it is required to be disclosed or provided under legislation;
(3) If it is necessary to protect human life, body or property, and it is difficult to obtain the Customer’s consent;
(4) If it is specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the Customer’s consent
(5) If the Company is required to cooperate with a national government organization, local government or a person commissioned by it to perform business prescribed in legislation, and the performance of such business is likely to be hindered by obtaining the consent of the person concerned; or
(6) If it is disclosed or provided to an outsourcee within the necessary limits for providing services to the Customer.
Personal information of a Customer may be jointly used as follows:
(1) Items of personal information jointly used: the items (1) through (3) listed in “2. Information We Collect”
(2) Scope of users of such shared use: click here for details
(3) Purposes of use of such joint users: the purposes in the items (1) through (8) listed in “3. Purposes of Use of Information”
(4) Name of the person responsible for the management of user information: Personal Information Management Officer Administrative Office of Hoshino Resorts Holdings Inc.
The Company will comply with legislation and guidelines on personal information to realize secure protection of personal information.
The Company will respect the rights of a Customer, and if disclosure, correction, or discontinuation of use of a Customer’s personal information is requested, the Company will verify the identity of the applicant, and accommodate such request to the extent reasonable and necessary.
Please contact the following office for your opinions, questions or inquiries or complaints about the handling of information:
Revised on November 1, 2020