- KAI Izumo
“Stylish Hanami Tours” at KAI properties
- KAI Izumo
KAI, the onsen ryokan brand operated by Hoshino Resorts, will offer the “Stylish Hanami Tours” at 14 of our resorts around Japan. Hanami (cherry blossom viewing) is the classic Japanese spring activity. The team at KAI wants to give more people the opportunity to enjoy this Japanese tradition of welcoming the arrival of spring by gazing at the beautiful flowers while basking in the warmth of the sun.
What are the Stylish Hanami Tours?
• A new kind of hanami, where visitors can experience the history and customs of the region in addition to viewing the flowers
• Inspired by the bamboo buckets travelers would carry with them in the past, Hoshino Resorts has prepared “hanami picnic buckets” to help guests enjoy the hanami event
Sample plan – KAI Izumo: Ride a rickshaw and enjoy warigo soba during Cherry Blossom Excursion
KAI Izumo, an onsen ryokan with open-air baths in every room located at the Tamatsukuri Onsen in Shimane, will offer the “Cherry Blossom Excursion.” Warigo soba, created in Matsue, Shimane Prefecture, is said to have originated when a feudal lord put his soba in a multi-leveled box and ate it outside. Guests on the Cherry Blossom Excursion can sit under the cherry trees and enjoy their warigo soba like a lord from feudal Japan and finish up by drinking the delicious soba broth.
• Over 350 cherry blossom trees lining the Tamayu River, which flows right in front of KAI Izumo
• Hanami picnic bucket with warigo soba, soba broth, and folded tatami mat (must be returned)
• Ride through the cherry blossom trees on a rickshaw (only during the week when flowers are in full bloom)
Dates: April 1st – 20th, 2020
Time: 3 – 7 pm Fee: ¥500 for 1 set of Hanami Picnic Bucket (2 people) *5 sets offered per day
Booking: Book on the day through reception
Notes: Rickshaw operating from April 1st – 7th. ¥3,000/person (30-minute ride).
5 groups per day (1 – 2 people)
Hoshino Resorts KAI Brand ryokans focus on the traditional onsen, or Japanese hot spring, and kaiseki dining experience, offering guests a blissful, relaxing, and authentically Japanese experience. There are 15 KAI ryokans currently operating under Hoshino Resorts. For more information on the KAI Brand, please visit the website.
Full press release for additional info on tours can be downloaded below. For queries, please contact us via our contact form.